Warfare game 2

 The second game of Warfare was against Sciri led by Jim Mclaughlin.

The highlight of the game for the Sciri was outscouting the Romans by 70%, but I didn't care as it was less than 100%. The terrain was appalling for Jim's mostly Cavalry army. A village, a forest, and a wood across his front and a deep water flank on his left. He only had one place to put his Cavalry, between the wood and the deep water.

Jim charged my Superior and Exceptional Legions and chose the file with his Legendary general first (unluckily only rolling a wound). I managed to kill all 4 of his Devastating Charger Cavalry and then on taking a Short Spear Cavalry out in a subsequent turn, broke the army.

The final score was very harsh on Jim, 15-0 as I only lost 3 bases. 

The humorous moment of the game was my ally needing a kicking to wake up (I.e. unreliable in the first turn, but then reliable from the next turn). 

In the photo, the 4 wide Legions are the Exceptionals and the poors are on my base edge. The Averages are all opposite the village.

I had jumped from 25th place to 13th place in the next round. Now to fight an historical opponent, Early Carthaginians.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Imperial Roman analysis