Warfare game 2

 So after winning the first round of Warfare, I was playing Lance Flint with one of the 5 Minoan armies. Honestly, a Minoan is one of the armies that counters 5 Hegemons so I didn't feel confident going into the game.

A wall of Chariots against Long Spear, with Skirmishers intermingled, and Superior, Fully Armoured Long Spear Chariots behind. My only saving grace is the Spears are 2 deep, and my shoot and charge negates shield cover.
The Spears are starting to get beaten. I think the Chinese have lost 2 units though, 1 being the 4 of Chariots.
I lost the Skirmishers again, as well as the Devastating Chargers.
Things are looking bleak for China.
My Tsu were never going to survive a 3 sided assault. Funny moment, 2 black dice = 2 wounds. I believe Lance lost one of his Dendra, a Javelin Chariot, 2 Spearmen and a Slinger Sug. I lost my army, but look at how badly damaged at least 2 Minoan Tugs are. 15-9 to Lance leaves me in joint 10th if I recall correctly.

The draw for round 2 of Warfare.

Definitely a very good game. Important lesson, don't expect a 4 of Chariots to hold up a unit that's only firing black dice. I also got lucky to kill the Dendra. Because my Chariots were able to evade, they were able to skirmish to evade a rear charge. Also I should probably have used shoot and charge sooner against the Long Spears I broke.

Thanks to Lance Flint for an excellent and close game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Imperial Roman analysis