5 Hegemons at Warfare game 1

First of all, I'd like to say that at Warfare just over 2 weeks ago, I had my most enjoyable and fun competition that I've ever had. The fact that games don't often end in bloodless draws is part of the reason as well as the decisive nature of the scoring system.



Chinese counter the Hittite and Mitanni Chariots with their own Chariots and Tsu, the latter in Close formation.
A few Chinese units hanging back on the right. 
Shoot and charge is not a Mitanni Chariot's best friend. One Chariot has been hit in the flank, but the unit to its front could die at any moment.
Casualties so far on the Chinese side. My opponent has 1 point from running down my Skirmishers.
2 Mitanni Chariot units a wound off breaking. Possibly advantage Chinese at the moment.
So far the score is 4-1 to the Chinese, who have killed 2 Chariot units. My opponent sensibly pulled back the first Chariot unit that suffered casualties. A few Chariots are isolated on the Chinese side.
More Chinese Casualties.
One Chinese Chariot unit dies, but the flanking unit is a bit worse for wear.
The chariots on my right have joined the Casualty pile. They again were hit in the flank by infantry.
In this picture, the Polearms have taken out the unit which flanked my first dead Chariot unit, another Chariot unit had butchered one of my opponent's Chariot units. This Chariot unit will pursue into the guards in front of the camp, and break them. My final Casualties came from the 4 of Chariots. I broke the opponent 15-7 in the end.

Thanks very much to my opponent, Peter Cross, for a great game. I believe I was able to defend in coastal terrain, with a coastal secure flank on the right and 2 rough areas on the left.

Those Chariots that broke the Mitanni army were the only reason the Polearms got away with turning to beat up the Shuiktuhili in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Imperial Roman analysis