Warfare 2023 game 1

 Warfare  2023 Game 1

This year at Warfare I took an MSU (Multiple Small Units) version of Later Republican Roman. The practice games had gone reasonably well in general. The list was 2 4s of Exceptional, 6 4s of Superior, 3 4s of Average, all Melee Expert Impact Weapon, and 2 4s of Poor Impact Weapon. All Shield Cover as well.

My first game was against Keith Spedding. I have beaten Keith twice in the past but I feel both those times were luck rather than any particular skill on my side.

I got terrain on both sides of the table and actually won Scouting by 20%. There was also a village on Keith's base edge to try and stop evading. It was going well in the early stages. At deployment however, I made an absolutely fatal error against the Sassanids. I put the Exceptionals together and should instead have had one on each flank.

Black dice from the Sassanids were repeatedly rolling wounds, and 2 sequences of rolls even gave Keith 2 wounds.

My Average Legions were going through a forest on my right to try and outflank the Sassanids, but I got cold feet and didn't bring them out as they were in loose order and near Cataphracts.

I managed to break a Superior Cataphract and with a Kab test a Horse Archer Tug on my left, but my army collapsed before I could break anything else.

4-15 to Keith was the final result. In 25th out of 28 players at the end of the round.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Imperial Roman analysis