Outremer and Reconquista game 3

 Should probably have attacked the flank of the Crossbows as opposed to going after the poor Spears. They had poor cards apparently had the mixed units.

3 big rough pieces dominated the table but with open areas in which to insert my Knights.
Robin's Knights very subtly in reserve behind shooty Ayyubids.

Round 3 vs Robin Spence

I managed to outscout Robin by 40% I believe and the terrain consisted of a deep water flank with rough pieces spread around the table. First bit of luck was 3 wounds on white S dice against one of Robin mixed units with one of mine and then my beating it in one impact and Melee.

I caught a couple of Mamluks with a Superior and an Average Knight eventually and was feeling very confident. I broke the unit facing the Superiors but I think in the long run lost both the Knights due to flank charges. I also had a run of 6 or 7 blanks on green dice. Before these units died however, I broke the poor Spear unit that was hiding in rough with my fanatics.

I just could not kill anything else until the last turn, I.e. a unit of mixed Spear Crossbow from the rear with my returning Brother Knights.

I lost 15-8 so dropped from 6th to 7th or 8th place in the comp. Playing against some Armenian Cilicians in the last game with Ilkhanid recruits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Imperial Roman analysis