My second round of Warfare was against Lance Flint and his Palmyrans. This was the "Saturday afternoon need to think a lot" game so apologies for the lack of photos. I defended this time and decided to again go for dense with a mountainous or forest secure flank.

My target was the Poor Unskilled Bows on the mountain in Lance's deployment. I put my Average Legions opposite both of them. I spread out 1 Legion to deal with his 4 Horse Archers. Then I put my Exceptionals and other Superiors against his Cataphracts. My Cavalry were aiming at a Bow unit on Lance's right. My Poors were safe with the camp.

My dice luck was consistently brilliant in this game and it helped me break not only 2 Cataphracts, but a Roman Cavalry with a by now 3 base Superior Legion. Foolishly I charged the Cavalry in a previous turn, not thinking that the path of charge would leave that Legion's flank exposed to Cataphracts. Fortunately one file hit the 10th, and I committed Caesar to that file in the Melee.

My Cavalry eventually died to the Bows they charged, but took it to a wound off breaking. I lost a Superior Legion also to the Cataphracts. Meanwhile on the right, I butchered a unit of 6 Poor Unskilled Bows and a couple of Lance's Legions. The fact he had integral Shooters made not enough difference against my Superior Legions.

I managed a very spawny 15-4 victory. Shield Cover rendered the shooting pretty much useless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Imperial Roman analysis