Round 3 of Warfare

Top table with oxygen masks required for being near the top of the mountain. My opponent is Matt Haywood with Middle Sassanid. I lost the opening dice roll and ended up invading in plains, but fortunately I got a deep water secure flank. Nothing else on the table terrain wise. 

The first clash, 2 Kushan Superior Cataphracts vs 1 Superior Legion. Those Cavalry are looking to swing round the rear of the Sassanids to wreak havoc. I eventually lost the Legion as expected, but I got the Cavalry behind the flank of the Cataphracts.
I lost the Superior Legion in this pic due to 2 Cataphracts ganging up on it. Just to give context to the dice. They were Caesar's first roll in this game against Average Unprotected Horse Archers. I eventually got the Horse Archers to 3 bases but too little too late. The Cataphract in the front of the Superior Legion was the only unit I killed off Matt in the end. The Exceptionals did perform very well then.
My mistake of the game was turning a Cavalry unit on the flank of a Kushan Cataphract unit, hoping he wouldn't have a card to turn it. Sure enough Matt could turn the Cataphract unit and eventually butchered my Cavalry. He also killed my Poor Legions.

I was meanwhile chasing a Cavalry unit towards Matt's base edge with a Superior Legion. He was at the end of the game able to charge the Legion's flank and rear. The unit survived and bloodied up one of the Cavalry units attacking it eventually. I decided to concede when I saw there was no chance of me getting an extra couple of units by the next Melee phase with my last unit 1 wound off breaking.

15-2 to Matt in the end.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Imperial Roman analysis