James IV Scottish army

 
Here is my description of a James IV Scottish list. Part of the reason I'm making this post is because I've been silent on this blog for too long, for which I apologise deeply. Another reason is that this army appeals to me greatly given the anti horse archer capabilities. Plus, it's an army whose composition will rarely, if ever, differ, in my opinion.

Firstly, the generals are a Competent CinC, 2 Talented Subs and a Mediocre Sub. All professional. 13 cards for 13 units.

Next, the camp is Average Unfortified. This was because I had points left over that I couldn't spend elsewhere.

Next 10 blocks of Pike, front rank of 2 Average, Full Armour, Shield Cover, Combat Shy Pike and 6 Average Protected Combat shy Pike, all Formed Close. The schiltrons in the front make these units almost impossible to dent if your opponent can't get on your flank or behind you, except against Skilled Shooters.

2 4s of Cavalry, Formed Loose, Charge Only Crossbow, Short Spear. These are in 4s because in my view, only the Pikes should fight while the border horse look for flanks.

Then a 10 of Infantry, Tribal Loose, Poor Unprotected, Unskilled Javelin, Short Spear. Basically their only job is sit at the back and bring the army to a break point of 7.

7 PBS and 2 Scouting. To be honest, there's no reason to worry about being outscouted because of the homogenous nature and toughness of the army.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Imperial Roman analysis